Le Diner en Blanc is back in NYC
The World’s Largest Dinner Party
Le Dîner en Blanc
Returns to the U.S. This Summer
A Record 5000 People to Attend New York’s Dîner en Blanc July 28th, Largest U.S. Event
By Popular Demand Celebrity Chef Todd English Returns To Curate Special Dinners
The DELICE GROUP is back on team LE DINER EN BLANC – and we are so amped to be working on it’s largest U.S. event yet! Make sure to follow @DinerEnBlancNYC on all your favorite social media vices – and @un_delice to get a behind the scenes look at some of the #DinerenBlancNYC magic. Interested in joining the festivities? Register at newyork.dinerenblanc.info. Also, if you already received your invite and will be attending the event drop us a line! Would love to meet you and share your experience with the rest of the diners! E-mail: email@example.com
On July 28th New York will host the largest Le Dîner en Blanc event stateside when a record 5000 guests dressed in white gather at a secret landmark location to dine under the stars.
Le Dîner en Blanc is the world’s first and largest viral event, part spontaneous picnic, part pop-up mystery tour. Launched in France 25 years ago, the Paris tradition today attracts close to 15,000 people. After Le Dîner en Blanc’s U.S. debut in New York in 2011, the event exploded in popularity with requests to host one pouring in from around the world. This year the event is expanding to 55 cities across five continents, from Paris to Johannesburg to Montreal to Tokyo to New York to Chicago and Miami, with another 100 on the waiting list hoping to join in on the fun. The event has proven so popular that many cities have large waiting lists, including New York, which often exceeds 30,000 people.
A smash success last summer in New York, celebrity chef and four-time James Beard Award winner Todd English returns this year by popular demand to curate special dinners for those guests who order through Le Dîner en Blanc in New York.This year Le Dîner en Blanc and Todd are offering guests a special opportunity viaLe Dîner en Blanc’s social media platforms: one lucky guest will win a Todd English crafted dinner for four, complete with caviar and Todd English specialty creations from Ça Va Brasserie, delivered on site. Todd will present the dinner at the winner’s table in person, a once-in-a-life opportunity to meet the world renowned chef and pose for photographs with him. Culinary heaven!
Every summer in cities around the world, thousands of people dressed entirely in white descend on a landmark public space with everything they need for an elegant soirée in tow, including folding table and chairs, gourmet picnic food, fine china, silverware, and tablecloth. They first meet in groups of between 100 to 300 people at designated spots in the city and follow group leaders to the appointed location. The exact location remains a secret until the moment guests arrive, creating an air of mystery and excitement. It’s a magical moment in time — from different points throughout each city, thousands arrive at the same moment, at the same place.
Over the course of the evening, the diners eat and celebrate amid live music, dancing, complete with festive white balloons. Many spend weeks in advance planning their menus. Guests also use the venue to express their unique fashion and design style; the often elaborate and creative outfits, fantastical hats, and decorative table settings are always a fabulous spectacle.
Visually breathtaking moments include the waving of thousands of cloth napkins to mark the beginning of the dinner, as well as the lighting of sparklers to let participants know they are now free to mingle. When the trumpet call sounds the end of the evening, guests pack up their crystal, dinnerware and tables, pick up all their litter and head into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- To participate: previous year guests are automatically invited or a registered member from the previous year may invite a new member or get on waiting list via the official Le Dîner en Blanc website.
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, are be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.